In this chapter, we will prepare the Modulo Kinetic Designer for the calibration.
Create your Project Folder and copy the media
- If it is not already done, download the media kit.
- Copy the entire Project Folder TUTO-AUTOCALIBRATION-DOME
- Go to the D:\drive, create a folder, then paste the Pattern media you downloaded
Then, start the Modulo Kinetic Designer application
Configure the V-Node Outputs
- Go into V-Nodes > Remote settings
- Then, force the EDID and create the EYEFINITY of your V-Node server
Create a new Show
- Save your show file to the folder 01_SHOW
- In the Media window, add a folder named 00_PATTERN. Then add the media Dome_pattern_polar_4096×4096.jpg
Add the V-Node, create the Render Surface, add Outputs
- Add a V-Node, give its IP address
- On the Editor Tab, define the OUT information to 5*1920 = 9600×1080
- Create a Render Surface with the same size of our media, which is 4096×4096
- Select the V-Node and assign the Render Surface just created to it
- Add 1 output to the V-Node and change its MAP dimensions from its default value 1920×1080 to 4096×4096
Indeed, each video projector needs to MAP all the Render Surface content to perform the calibration.
To save time, you can copy/paste this output and just rename it and change the OUT x/y values for each projector.
- Add the pattern media to the timeline:
- Perform an ONLINE action by pressing Control+O. This will get the V-Node ready, and display the pattern on each projector:
We are now ready to start the autocalibration.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.