- In the 3D Scene tab click on + then Import and open the folders to find the Cylinder-m.fbx
- This 3D model contains all the surfaces of the cylinder structure including a ceiling, in order to look inside we disable the Ceiling mesh
The 3D model contains as well a reference cube about 1×1m, this helps to check if the mesh is imported at the good scale.
Indeed, it could be imported in a different unit instead of meters and so it could be smaller/bigger than normal.
- In the 3D Viewer use the Dimension tool (shortcut D) in order to take a measurement of the cube
Create the cylinder inside the 3D engine of Kinetic Designer
If you want to try to create the cylinder in Kinetic Designer.
- Create a new 3D Scene and rename it
- In the 3D Scenes click on + then Prefab > Cylinder > Tube
- Rotate it to orient it in the way we want
- Edit its properties to change its dimensions
Here are the dimensions of the model :
|Inner radius||6 meters|
|Inner height||7 meters|
|External radius||7 meters|
|External height||8 meters|
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.