This node increments or decrements a value and outputs it.
Update frequency: Sets the frequency at which the accumulator node updates. Choices are : System refresh rate or Fixed interval for a user defined interval (in ms). If Fixed interval is chosen a setting will appear to set the refresh interval.
Update Mode: Sets the way the value is updated. The choices are :
- Value : The input is added to the output.
- Value if difference : (Delta and Sign properties will appear for this mode) If the input has changed by more than the value of Delta, the value of the is added to the Output.
- Value delta : (Delta and Sign properties will appear for this mode) If the input has changed by more than the value of Delta, the value of is added to the Output.
Delta: (Only appears if Update Mode is set to Value if difference or Value delta) Sets the delta for these modes.
Note : this property does not accept negative values.
Sign: (Only appears if Update Mode is set to Value if difference or Value delta) Sets the sign to evaluate the change on the input value. Choices are :
- All : Both positive and negative changes are considered
- Positive : Only positive changes are considered (e.g. if the input value has changed by more than + Delta)
- Negative : Only negative changes are considered (e.g. if the input value has changed by more than – Delta)
Start Value: Sets the start value manually.
Use default input: Toggle this to manually set an input float value to be used if there is no float value connected to the Float input.
Float: (Only appears if Use default input is set to ON) Manually set a value to the float if there is no value connected to the Float input.
Reset: Click on this button to reset the node. Note : if the Float input is still connected the increase/decrease will resume immediately.
If no switch is connected to the Trigger input, when in Value mode, the output will start increasing/decreasing as soon as a non-null value is connected to its Float input.
If the Float input receives a positive value the output will increase over time.
If the Float input receives a negative value the output will decrease over time.
This node is refreshed (and increments/decrements) along with the Graph Editor. You can switch the graph’s refresh rate from Low to High in the Top Menu > Edit > Preferences > Advanced
|Trigger||Boolean||Trigger here to add the input to the output when in Value mode|
|Reset||Boolean||Trigger here to reset the accumulator|
|Float||Float||Input value to use as an increase/decrease step|
|Start Value||Float||Value from which to start the increase/decrease|
|Float||Float||Result of the accumulation|
This example illustrates the use of the node either as a freerunning counter or a counter that updates with a boolean trigger.
Update Mode: Value
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.