In this video tutorial, we will see how to interface Kinetic Designer with an L-ISA Controller by L Acoustic.
We’ll first see how to create an L-ISA device and configure it.
Then we will see how to send pan, width, distance and tracking information.
Connect to a L-ISA Controller
- Add a L-ISA device
- Set L-ISA Controller IP adress
- Open an L-ISA new session
- Add 4 new sources
- Activate Pan, Width and Distance on Ext OSC
Send Source Pan
in these videos we will see how to send source pan to L-ISA Controller.
We will use a 3D animation created with Modulo Kinetic to control the pan.
- Create a new graph
- Drag & drop the L-ISA device in the graph
- Select “send source pan”
- Connect a time input in the trigger connector
- Set the L-ISA source ID
- Run the graph
- Drag & drop the node of the 3D object in the graph
- Add a transform 1D bloc in the graph
- The pan parameter in L-ISA fluctuates between 0 and 1. The transform 1D block converts a variation of the object’s movement in the 3D scene (from -10 m to +10 m on the X axis in our example) into a variation between 0 and 1.
Send Source Width
In this video we will send source width to L-ISA through commands With Kinetic.
These commands can be sent via the Timeline or via Tasks.
Send Source Distance
In this video we will send source distance to L-ISA through variable with Kinetic.
We will change the value of the variable through the timeline.
Send Source Tracking
In this video we will send tracking data to L-ISA Controller.
To simulate the tracked movement, we will use an animation of the Human Node in the 3D scene.
Modulo Kinetic version : v3.3
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.