Now let’s add some content to the Timeline.
|STEP||TIME IN||TRIGGER||FILENAME||PLAY MODE||WHERE ?|
|2||00:00:08:00||Pause||None (Black screen)||Main screen|
|3a||00:00:12:00||Pause||Blue loop||Loop||Main screen|
|3b||00:00:17:00||Pause||Blue loop + Modulo Logo||Loop||Main screen|
|4a||00:00:20:00||Pause||Jingle 1||Once||Main screen|
|4b||00:00:34:04||Following||Jingle 1 Loop||Loop||Main screen|
|5a||00:00:40:00||Pause||Jingle 2||Once||Main screen|
|5b||00:01:13:18||Following||Jingle loop 2||Loop||Main screen|
|6a||00:01:20:00||Pause||Jingle 3||Once||Main screen|
|6b||00:01:41:21||Following||Jingle loop 3||Loop||Main screen|
- From the
Media list, drag & drop the three patterns we created into the Timeline. Position them as such :
- Layer pattern VP1+VP2 x=0.
- Layer pattern VP3 x=3456.
- Layer pattern Speaker screen x= 5376.
- Add a 2 second fade in and fade out on these three layers.
If you have a Kinetic Designer version prior to v4, you can switch off the color applied to your Render Surface to improve visibility.
- Press the
Spacebar) to view the animation of opacity (fade in/out).
Leave a few seconds blank between these layers and the next one.
- Add the media Blue loop and check the Loop and Freerun options in the
- 5 seconds into the Blue loop add the Modulo logo, scale it down to 20% and adjust it’s position.
- Add a 2 seconds fade-in/out to both the loop and the logo. (Keyboard shortcut :
ALT + F)
- Then add the Jingle 1 with its sound and a fade-in of 2 seconds on both.
- Trim the sound to end at the same time as the Jingle.
- Right after the Jingle 1 add the media Jingle1_Loop without any fade.
- Check the Loop and Freerun case in the
- Repeat these steps with the two other Jingles and Jingle loops.
- Don’t forget to add the soundtracks with each Jingle as well.
Now we need to add some pause commands in order to get ready to launch a video :
- At the bottom of the timeline click on the button to add a
- To place a Pause command, select the Command layer and in the
Editorpanel click on the
- Place some Pause commands at the beginning of each jingle. You can also cue the Logo and Blue loop this way.
We now have a pretty tidy first Timeline. It can still be improved, for instance, by making the jingle soundtracks last a little longer and adding a fade out to them.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.